Monday, June 9, 2008

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Hi-5


Got hooked on doodling and painting after my "One Kool Kid" layout, so I decided to do another one, this time on the Hi-5 Circus Stageshow which I brought my kids to in September last year. Hi-5 is one of their favourite TV shows, so going to the concerts is kind of like a yearly "pilgrimage" for us! I used American Crafts' "Celebration" range of papers to match the fun circus atmosphere of the photos, and used flowers from Heidi Swapp and Prima, chipboard scrolls from Maya Road which I painted and applied Stickles to, and ribbons for embellishments. I drew and painted the two puppet characters Chatterbox and Jup Jup, as well as the Hi-5 logo which I used as the flower centre. The bling arrows are from Glitz Designs. This is quite a departure from my usual style as I don't normally use these colours in my layouts, but I wanted something bright, cheerful and fun for this, and I'm actually quite happy with it.

No comments: