Saturday, August 16, 2008

Friends


Found this old photo of my younger DD and her friends from Nursery class, taken during their kindergarten's Chinese New Year celebrations in 2005. I decided to try a black, red, white layout to match the predominantly red colour of the photo. I used mainly Cosmo Cricket products for this layout, and am trying out their blackboard shapes for the first time, though I bought it ages ago! I painted it white, then stamped on it, stickled it, and finally applied distress ink to it to give it a shade of colour. It's a great medium to play with! I also applied distress ink and stickles to the title alphas to make them stand out from the dark background, and I used the Martha Stewart Crafts Doily Lace Edge Punch on the papers again - I really love the effect!




Materials used:
Patterned Paper - Cosmo Cricket Fleuriste range
Cardstock - Bazzill Textured Cardstock
Title Alphas - Cosmo Cricket
Blackboard Flowers - Cosmo Cricket
Flowers - Prima, Bazzill Basics, Petaloo, Doodlebug Design, Imaginisce
Crystal Swirls - Prima
Brads - Doodlebug Design, Making Memories Crystal Brads
Others - Lace, Ribbon, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Ranger Stickles, Folk Art Acrylic Paint, Folk Art Gesso, Making Memories Passport Flourish Stamp, Versa Fine Ink

No comments: