Sunday, December 14, 2008

Daughter, Best Friend


This is my DT layout for Creative Scrappers for today's reveal. The sketch used for inspiration is by Deanne Burton, and I used mainly Basic Grey's Ambrosia range of papers for this layout, to match our orange and grey clothing in the photo. If you'll notice, this is quite different from my usual layouts as it does not have any flowers or blings in the form of crystals, haha! I like how it turned out though.



I tore the edges of all the papers and inked them to give the layout some texture as well as a "vintagey" look. I then folded a strip of paper into pleats and placed it down the left side of the photo for even more texture (again, I tore the edges of this strip). The ribbon down the middle of this strip gives the layout a softer look. I also stickled parts of the paper and the chipboard alphas to give the layout a little sparkle, since I wasn't using any blings (must have that glitter!).



The quote reads: "Daughters are little girls that grow up to be your best friend." It's one of my favourite quotes.

Materials used:
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey Ambrosia Collection - Entice, Orange Smoothie, Tangy, Smoke
Title Alphas - Basic Grey Ambrosia Chip Sticker ABC
Ribbon - Adorn It - Carolee's Creations
Epoxy Sticker (Quote) - Cloud 9 Design Simple Thoughts Epoxy Stickers - Girl
Others - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, Ranger Ice Stickles in Crystal Ice, EK Success 3D Foam Dots

No comments: