Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Simple Plan


Here it is - Butterfly Crafts' 4th Challenge is to create a layout showing your goals, hopes and dreams for 2009. What do you want to achieve in the coming year?

For my layout, I used these gorgeous papers from Webster's Pages, mixing three different lines of papers - from their Reflections of Nature, Inspired, and Calendar Pages collections. I love how their papers from different lines can be combined into a single layout.



I cut out additional butterflies to stick over the printed butterflies for a 3D look, and added crystal swirls for a little bit of sparkle.



I also used Distress Stickles on the butterflies, flowers, swirl cut-outs, and photo matting, for some texture.



My journaling is written on a separate piece of layered patterned papers, and then tucked behind the photo and held in place by a Making Memories pebble clip.



The journaling is about my "Simple Plan" for this year - to fully embrace life and wisdom, to be the best that I can be, and to simply stay happy. And to put the family first, as always!



This month's winner at Butterfly Crafts will get to be February's guest designer and also receive a fantastic RAK from January Sponsor 'Red Oak Lines' - that's a double bonus for you. So go play along!

Materials used in my layout:
Patterned Papers - Webster's Pages Reflections of Nature - Secret Garden, Bee Balm, and Chestnut Mocha; Webster's Pages Inspired – Crushed Velvet; Webster's Pages Calendar Pages - Inspired Calendar
Crystal Swirls - Prima's Say It In Crystals
Title Alphas - American Crafts Thickers
Pebble Clip - Making Memories Pebble Clips - Travel
Others - Daiso Lace Ribbon, Pearls, Tim Holtz Distress in Antique Linen, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, American Crafts Slick Writer in Fine Brown

4 comments:

Michelle Winston said...

This LO is just stunning !!!
There is so much detail... I am in awe !!! Love it !!!

Cheers:)

Veronica Goh said...

Thanks Michelle! :)

momma2omar said...

Gorgeous layout and excellent journalling!

Michelle Winston said...

Hi Veronica !

I'm back again to tell you.... you've been tagged !
Please see my blog for more info !
It's fun !

Cheers:)