Monday, March 30, 2009

The Age Of Innocence


My younger DD on a field trip during her nursery year at Nanyang Kindergarten. I love this shot of her sitting with her classmate by the beach, waiting for the excursion bus to come fetch them back to school. And the title just somehow came to mind when I look at the photo!



I mixed papers from K & Co's Hopscotch range and Sassafras Lass' Life Is Beautiful - Vintage Yummy range, as I thought they were very appropriate for the title and theme of the layout.



I used 3D pop-up dots on some of the cut-outs for a little bit of dimension, and also applied stickles to the cut-outs, for some texture. I chose to use Antique Linen for the stickles to enhance the "vintagey" look of the layout.



There is hidden journaling behind the photo. The journal tag is attached with a piece of lace which can be used to pull the tag out. The tag is actually made from a S.E.I. sticker which I pasted onto a transparency and cut out.

Materials used:
Patterned Papers - K & Company Hopscotch Collection; and Sassafras Lass – Life Is Beautiful - Vintage Yummy Collection – Pleasantly Puzzled, Remember Me
Overlay - Creative Imaginations
Flourishes - Prima Say It in Pearls – Pink
Stickles – Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Antique Linen
Title Alphas - American Crafts Thickers – Patchwork Fabric Letter Stickers in Black and Ladybug, and Rainboots Puffy Letter Stickers in Black
Journaling Tag - S.E.I. Stickers - "Lovebirds" Glitter Cardstock
Lace - Melissa Frances Vintage Ribbon
Others - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, EK Success 3D Foam Dots

No comments: