Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Young Fashionista


So here it is - Challenge 10 at Butterfly Crafts. The challenge is to create a layout about what fashion means to you, whether it be favourite fashions from a period of time, a favourite designer or maybe even a fashion disaster!

I chose to do this layout of my younger daughter who I call a "Young Fashionista" for her keen fashion sense. Even at such a young age, she is very particular about her dressing, and everything she wears has to be fully coordinated! Never too young to start I guess!



I used papers from Heidi Swapp and DCWV for this layout, and added some Hambly transparencies as well as a cute little chipboard clothes stand from Riff Raff Designs, which I decorated with patterned paper and gems.



I also added stickles to the butterfly cut-outs for some shimmer and texture.



I had fun with this challenge, and I'm sure you will too. So flutter on by to Butterfly Crafts and join in the fun! The winner will get a chance of becoming the May guest designer AND also receive a gorgeous kit from Scrapbook Star! Ooh!



Materials used:
Patterned Papers - Heidi Swapp - Lovely Grid, Free; DCWV's All Dressed Up Collection - All The Rage
Transparencies - Hambly Screen Prints - Vintage Patchwork in Pink
Chipboard Clothes Stand - Riff Raff Designs
Title Alphas - American Crafts Fabric Chipboard Thickers - By The Yard in Bubblegum
Gems - Prima Say It In Crystals
Others - Ranger Ice Stickles in Crystal Ice, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, Lace

2 comments:

Peggy said...

This is pretty! I really like the colour combo and the embellies are so cute, that clothes stand is perfect for this theme!
xxx Peggy

Veronica Goh said...

Thanks Peggy! I love the little clothes stand too!