Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dream


This layout was inspired by a lovely layout by Robbie Herring. What attracted me about her layout was the many details and use of embellishments, so I decided to adapt them to suit my photo and style. I like how it turned out, even though I have to admit green is not a colour I'm used to scrapping with.



I used mainly papers from Making Memories' Greenhouse Paperie range (I especially love the Flocked Floral paper) and added in some cut-outs from 7Gypsies' Gypsy Market: Blaze paper. And I chose a lot of brown-toned embellishments to contrast against the greens.



I also liked Robbie's use of the Hambly frame as a journaling tag, so I decided to do the same.



Materials used:
Patterned Papers - Making Memories Greenhouse Paperie Collection - Varnished Vine, Flocked Floral, Geometric Window, Skinny Stripe; 7Gypsies Gypsy Market Paper Collection - Blaze
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Transparency - Hambly Screen Prints - Urban Chic Frames
Flowers - Prima Artistry and Woodstock Flowers
Title Alphas - American Crafts Thickers - Platforms Chipboard Letter Stickers in Brown
Letter Stickers - Toga Alphabet Stickers - Vanilla/Chocolate
Butterfly - Kaiser Wood Flourishes - Butterflies
Ribbon - Fancy Pants Fancy Free Collection - Free Spirit
Chipboard - Fancy Pants The Daily Grind Printed Chipboard Shapes
Eyelets - We R Memory Keepers
Rub-Ons - MME Laundry Line "Sundress" Rub-Ons - Life, Sweetness
Stickers - 7 Gypsies 97% Complete Stickers - Unique, Time; Heidi Grace Dimensional Words Stickers - Forever Love
Others - Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in Vintage Photo, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap


No comments: