Friday, November 6, 2009

Notebooks

It's been a busy past couple of weeks. I've been making notebooks, both for my DD's teachers as well as for a friend who was giving them away as gifts.

Here's one of the four I made for my DD's teachers. Today was my DD's last day of school and as she'll be moving on to secondary school next year, she wanted to give her primary school teachers something to thank them for all their guidance and support through her PSLE year. This one's for her form teacher.



I used K & Co's Life's Journey papers for the covers and embellished the front with a Maya Road chipboard flourish to which I had applied crackle paint and distress ink (for texture and shade), ribbons, pearls and a little heart-shaped charm.



I used my Zutter Bind-it-All to bind the book together and then decorated the rings with ribbons from my stash.



Here's the inside cover. She wrote a little note for each of them on the first page.



This next one uses a different set of papers from the same range.



And here are the other two.




Materials used:
Patterned Papers - K and Company Life's Journey Collection
Chipboards - Maya Road Scrolls II Chipboards
Alphas - Making Memories
Charms - Blue Moon Charm - Lost & Found Metal Charms - Modern Heart in Oxidized Silver
Stamps (For Inside Page) - Hero Arts
Others - Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Ribbons, Pearls, Zutter Bind-it-All, Zutter 3/4in. Owire Bindings

2 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

How gorgeous, the teachers will be thrilled to receive such thought ful, beautiful gifts.
Sue x

Veronica Goh said...

Thanks so much Sue, and also for dropping by! xxx