Friday, April 9, 2010

Dream


I did a little experimenting with this layout, using one of my new Prima stamps, with some embossing powder and glimmer mists.



I used Core'dinations cardstock for the layout, so that when I tore the cardstock, the torn edges will show two shades of the same colour - no inking required! Apart from the edges of the cardstock, I also tore the bottom right corner just enough to curl the torn portion backwards to insert the photo, and let some patterned paper show through from the back.



I then used an old Scenic Route patterned paper I had left over from their Sonoma Collection to just "peek" through from underneath the torn portion of the cardstock at the bottom right of the layout, and embellished the corner with some Prima vines, flowers and laces.



Now for the experimenting. What I did was stamped the cardstock with Versa Mark Watermark Stamp Pad, poured some clear embossing powder onto the stamped portion, and embossed it. I then used Tattered Angels' Coffee Shop and Iridescent Gold glimmer mists and sprayed it over the embossed portion. The embossing will resist the mist and all I needed to do was dab off the resisted bits of sprayed mists with some tissue.



I really like how this turned out. And it gives a nice textured effect to the layout.



Materials used:
Cardstocks - Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock
Patterned Paper - Scenic Route - Sonoma Collection - Scrap Strip 1
Flowers, Vines and Lace - Prima
Alphas - Jillibean Soup - Corrugated Alphas Collection - White
Journaling - 7Gypsies 97% Complete Stickers - Live
Journaling Tag - Maya Road Journaling Tags - Brown and Cream
Photo Corner - Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Corners
Stamp - Prima Clear Stamps - Documentary
Embossing Powder - Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel - Clear
Glimmer Mists - Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists - Coffee Shop, Iridescent Gold
Others - Versa Mark Watermark Stamp Pad, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain


No comments: