Monday, July 12, 2010

Malacca 2010 Album


I had a crazy week last week, working on a number of projects at the same time! This album, I made for my older DD. She has recently taken a keen interest in photography and I had promised her I would put together some of the photos she took during her school's Malacca trip earlier this year, into an album. And this 8 x 8 canvas-covered chipboard album from Pink Paislee was the perfect size and choice for her 4R photos.






As you can see, I covered the chipboard pages with matching patterned papers from Pink Paislee as well. And as there were more photos that I wanted to include than there were pages in the album, I decided to add three additional page sheets using Hambly transparencies, instead of more chipboards.








I was, frankly, quite impressed with some of her shots, so if you have noticed, I decided to do up the album without my usual "tons" of flowers and blings, in order not to detract from the photos. Believe me, this is considered "a few" flowers for me - lol!



Here's a look at the individual pages of the album.




















The photographer ....






Materials used:
Album - Pink Paislee's Artisan Album (Canvas Covered 8 x 8 Album in Orange)
Patterned Papers - Pink Paislee - 365 Degrees and Bayberry Cottage Collections
Transparencies - Hambly Screen Prints
Journaling Tags - Pink Paislee, 7 Gypsies, Hambly, Kaisercraft
Journaling Quotes and Tickets - Pink Paislee, 7 Gypsies
Alphas - American Crafts Thickers, Making Memories Tiny Alphas
Flowers and Leaves - Prima
Butterflies - Prima, K & Company
Laces - Prima, LLB, Maya Road, as well as from my own stash
Brads - Little Yellow Bicycle
Crystals - Elements by Mark Richards
Die - Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, and Peeled Paint
Glimmer Mists - Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold, Olive Vine, and Peach Delight
Adhesives - Beacon's 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Kokuyo Dotliner
Others - Twine; Ranger Distress Stickles in Antique Linen, and Rock Candy; Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy; American Crafts Slick Writer in Black (Fine)


3 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Fabulous Pictures Megan!!
You did a beautiful job in highlighting them mom!! Great work!

Scossie Jane said...

This album is totally stunning - what a treasure for your daughter. Beautifully done....Hugs xx

Veronica Goh said...

Thank you so much ladies! And so glad you dropped by! :)