Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby DJ


I did this layout for a friend's baby who turns one today! I immediately knew I had to scrap this photo as soon as I saw it! Don't you just love that cheeky face?



I used papers from My Mind's Eye's Alphabet Soup Girl collection as I thought the "Sweet Song" paper especially, with its colourful music notes, was most appropriate for the photo of the little sweetheart having a spin at the turntable.



I lightly distressed and inked the papers, and then used my Martha Stewart Crafts Arch Lattice edge punch on strips of patterned paper which I then lined around the circular paper at the base of the layout. It gives a pretty lace-like effect to match the lace strips I placed below the photo.



I then added some flowers and pearl flourishes to complete the layout.



Happy Birthday Gaby! :)



Materials used:
Cardstock - Basic Grey
Patterned Papers - My Mind's Eye - Alphabet Soup Collection by Zoe Pearn - Alphabet Soup Girl "Sweet Song" Paper, Alphabet Soup Girl "Sunny Stripes" Paper, Alphabet Soup Girl "Flower Patch" Paper
Laces - Prima Marketing
Twill Ribbon - Creative Images
Flowers - Prima Marketing
Pearl Flourishes - Prima Marketing - Say It In Pearls (Pink)
Alphas - American Crafts Thickers - Puffy Honey in Metallic Copper
Edge Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts - Arch Lattice Edge Punch
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Adhesives - Beacon's 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Kokuyo Dotliner

3 comments:

Scrapthat said...

What a cutie pie!!
Gorgeous page too! TFS!

Lizzyc said...

how gorgeous is all of this!! i love it!!

lost coast scrapper said...

Beautiful work, I love the close-ups that show all the pretty details, love your blog!!