Thursday, October 7, 2010

Create Happiness


Here's another layout I did using Zva Creative's gorgeous new products. I've been wanting to scrap this photo of my DD, taken by the beach at Club Med Bintan, for the longest time but could not find the right papers until I came across these new Lilac House papers from Fancy Pants Designs.



I did alot of layering, distressing and inking for this layout. I inked the edges of the papers in Dusty Concord Distress Ink, and I love how the darker purple of the ink gives a lovely highlight to the pastel shades of the papers, and also complements the stark colours of the photo.



And for embellishments? These lovely matching flowers from Zva Creative.....



......and this absolutely gorgeous lavender and grape crystal butterfly, also from Zva. This must be one of my fave products from them this season!



And in case you're wondering about the little vine stems and leaves in the layout - well, I actually made the vines myself using the stems from Zva Creative's bulk flowers, and the leaves are also from their bulk flower buds! Don't you just love how versatile their products can be?



To complete the layout, I used a matching and fitting journaling strip across the bottom, also from Fancy Pants' Lilac House collection, and trimmed it with some matching patterned paper and lace. I like what the journaling says and thought it was very appropriate for my DD - she finds joy in the littlest things, like walking along the beach at night!



Thanks so much for coming by. :)

Materials used:
Patterned Papers - Fancy Pants Designs - Lilac House Collection - Lavender Leaves, Chamomile, Heirloom, LH Strips
Transparency - Hambly Screen Prints
Flowers - Zva Creative Bulk Flowers - Paper Roses in Cream 7/8", Paper Roses in Olive 5/8", Paper Roses in Lavender 5/8", Mini Paper Roses in White
Vine Stems and Leaves - Zva Creative Bulk Flowers
Crystal Butterfly - Zva Creative Self-Adhesive Crystals - Fancy Butterfly in Lavender and Grape (CRB-03CB-112)
Lace - Daiso
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dusty Concord
Adhesives - Beacon's 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Kokuyo Dotliner, 3D-Dots

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

oh so beautiful.. absolutely gorgeous and what pretty shades of mauve...stunning..