Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Flat Swap - Final Products

And here's my final product for The Flat Swap.

The front ...





... and the back (yes, we made 16 pieces altogether).





I used Tattered Angels' Jazz Blue glimmer mist for the background, inked the edges and corners with Tim Holtz's Walnut Stain Distress Ink, and then brushed on some Perfect Pearls in Blue Smoke and Rust over the corners and sides. I also dripped some Tattered Angels Waterfall Glimmer Glaze over the top of the coasters, before stamping on the words using Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink, which I find works best as the words come out really clear and dark. I then used a pen nib dipped in some India ink to draw the flowers on the back, the outlines of which had been created using a Prima mask.



And here's a look at everyone's coasters together. They were all so lovely to look at!



Thanks so much for dropping by! :)

No comments: